Prospective applicants are informed that there are vacancies in some of the undergraduate study programmes. Those who are interested in any of the undergraduate study programmes listed below are therefore invited to apply for entry in August 2023. The application period for supplementary admission is open until 30th July 2023.
All the undergraduate study programmes advertised here are registered with the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA).
Any applicant interested in studying a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma at University of Botswana (UB) must meet the following:
- General Minimum Entry Requirements:
- The general minimum ENTRY requirements to the University shall be the Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education (BGCSE) or equivalent qualification with at least six subjects NOT below a grade of E.
- For all programmes, English Language shall be one of the qualifying subjects.
- English Language must at least be a minimum of grade C for non-science degree programmes and at least a minimum of grade D for science-based programmes.
- For Degree programmes, at least five subjects shall be at a minimum of grade C obtained at one or two examination sittings.
- For Diploma and Certificate programmes, at least a minimum of three grades of C with a minimum of grade E in English Language shall be required. Five subjects may be considered if the minimum cut-off point based on six subjects is met.
- The minimum entry BGCSE points shall be 34 points for all undergraduate Degree and 30 points for Diploma and Certificate programmes.
- Applicants with BGCSE/equivalent, with a minimum of grade E in English Language may be considered for admission into the Bachelor’s degree programmes.
- Programme Specific Requirements and the 2023 Competitive Admission Cut-off points.
Kindly Refer to the Application Package.
Those applicants who were unsuccessful in their initial study choices may apply for an additional programme by downloading and completing an Application Form, then send it by email to: email@example.com.