MASTER'S DEGREE IN TEACHING CHINESE TO SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES (MTCSOL)
Shanghai Normal University (2014 to 2016)
HSK Level 6 Highest Level of Written Chinese Proficiency Test
HSKK Advanced Oral Test
GENERAL CHINESE LANGUAGE STUDIES CERTIFICATE
Hunan University (2011 to 2014)
Gracious Tshepiso Masule is a lecturer in Chinese Studies programme, Humanities Faculty at the University of Botswana, he teaches Mandarin Chinese language at basic introductory level (first year students) and advanced level (Final year students). He is a young academic researcher who is aspiring to be involved in research that has to do with Mandarin Chinese language teaching and learning, and also research on language use dynamics looking at how Chinese community adapts and interacts with local communities of different countries and places. He has done research on Information and knowledge sharing in Chinese language: Challenges in Botswana consumer domain. His latest research was on Mandarin Chinese Language Teaching in Botswana: University of Botswana.
Masule was born and raised in the beautiful village of Mochudi, after graduating from University of Botswana as a Business Information Systems' specialist he applied for an opportunity to further his studies in China. He has lived and studied in China for five years reinventing himself as a Mandarin Chinese language specialist and on his return to Botswana he immediately joined the University of Botswana teaching Mandarin Chinese and has always been actively engaged with the Chinese community in Botswana through professional and community service.
- Responsible for teaching Chinese Language and Culture
- I teach the following courses:
- Basic Mandarin (first year course)
- Intermediate Mandarin Chinese Reading & Writing and Listening & Speaking (Third year course)
- Advanced Mandarin Chinese (A final year course)
- Mandarin Chinese language teaching and learning
- Language use dynamics looking at how Chinese community adapts and interacts with local communities of different countries and places.
- Fang, X., R. Tan, S. Van-Hoeymissen & G. T. Masule (2019). Needs Analysis of Target Tasks of Chinese Learners in Southern Africa：the Case of Botswana. TCSOL Studies Journal 74, 2019:2