Outgoing Student Processes
University of Botswana registered students doing their second and third year courses are eligible to apply for the study abroad program. Office of International Education and Partnerships (OIEP), provides opportunities for eligible UB students to study abroad at our partner institutions. Application is through an advert that is sent out each academic year.
- Completed two full-time semesters at University of Botswana
- Have a 4.0 GPA and above.
- Two academic Recommendation letters.
- Certified copy of your academic transcript covering period of your UB studies.
- Selection criteria based on GPA, written essay and oral interview
- Students going to their final year are not eligible to apply for the exchange program
- Exchange program only open to local students
- Placement will be based on availability of courses at the host institution
- It is a MUST for students to have their courses approved by the Head of Departments and the letter of approval be sent to OIEP before students can embark on their study abroad program
Students are expected to do equivalent courses at their host institutions for credits earned on the study abroad program to be transferred to UB. Students are therefore advised to get their courses approved by the HOD before departing. It is the responsibility of the student to furnish the department with all the relevant information to facilitate the approval of courses. Students are to submit a signed course approval letter from the department to the Study Abroad Coordinator in the International Office.
NB: Failed courses will not be transferred.
For more information on the study abroad program please contact;
Mr Kefentse Monare
Telephone: (+267) 355 4997
Student Centre Building (Block 139 / Office123)