Expand your reach with our exciting study abroad program. Apply for the study abroad program during your 2nd or 3rd year using the simple steps below.
- Complete two full-time semesters at University of Botswana.
- Have a 4.0 GPA and above.
- Get two academic recommendation letters.
- Your Head of Department (HOD) will need to approve your courses and write a letter of approval for you to study abroad. Get the letter from your HOD and submit it with your application for ease of credit transfer upon return from study abroad.
- NB: Failed courses will not be transferred.
- Get certified copies of your academic transcript covering your period of study at UB.
- Selection criteria is based on GPA, written essay and oral interview. Your written essay should include:
- why you are interested in studying abroad
- what you hope to experience and achieve while abroad.
- how your study abroad experience will enrich yourself and benefit UB
- Placement will be based on availability of courses at the host institution.
- The exchange program is open to local students only.
While on Exchange
- Maintain a good academic standing at the host international institution and serve as Botswana and UB Ambassador!
- Explore, experience and immerse yourself into the life and culture of the host institution and country.
- Make blogs, vlogs, take tons of pictures and share your study abroad experience with fellow students and the OIEP!
For more information on the study abroad program please contact:
Mr Kefentse Monare
Telephone: (+267) 355 4997
Student Centre Building (Block 139 / Office123)