Prof. Jamil Ahmad
Block 237 Office 213
+267 355 2493
Ph.D. (University of Hawaii)
Area of Specialization: Physical Chemistry; Interfacial Chemistry
- J. Ahmad and K.B. Astin, "Influencing Reactivity by Monolayer Compression : An Alcohol Dehydration", J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1988, 110, 8175.
- J. Ahmad and K.B. Astin, "Switching Reaction Mechanism by Monolayer Compression :An Ester Hydrolysis", Angew. Chem., 1990, 102, 337; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 1990, 29, 306.
- J. Ahmad, and K.B. Astin, "Reactions of a Monolayer with Subphase : Dehydration of a Secondary Alcohol over Sulfuric Acid", Langmuir., 1990, 6, 1098.
- J. Ahmad and K.B. Astin, "Reactions in Monolayers : Base Catalyzed Ester Hydrolysis Revisited", Langmuir, the American Chemical Society's Journal of Surfaces and Colloids. 1990, 6, 1797.
- J. Ahmad, "Reactions in Monolayers: Oxidation of 1-Octadecanethiol Catalyzed by Octadecylamine", Langmuir 1996, 12, 963.
- J. Ahmad “Turbulent Motion in Ethyl Acetate-water System” J. Chem. Educ. 2000, 77, 1182.
- J. Ahmad, F. Bothata-Nareetsile and C.A.L. Becker “Cyclic Voltammetric Studies of tris(alkylisocyanide)bis(trialkylphosphine)cobalt(II) and tris(alkylisocyanide)bis(trialkylphosphine)cobalt(I) complexes exhibiting synthetic interconvertability” Canadian J. Chem. 2003, 81, 982-987.
- J. Ahmad and Elizabeth M. Yeboah “Verification of Nernst Equation: A Physical Chemistry Experiment” Chemistry 2004, 13, 289-295.
- N. Nijegorodov, V. Zvolinski, P.V.C. Luhanga, R. Mabbs, J. Ahmad: “Photochromism, Anomalous multi-banded Fluorescence and Laser properties of some amino- and tosyl-amino derivatives of oxadiazole”; Spectrochimica Acta A; 2006, 65, 196-205.
- C.A.L. Becker , K. Mosetlha and J. Ahmad , “Synthesis of tetrakis(benzylisocyanide)bis(tri-i-propylphosphite)-cobalt(III) tetrafluoroborate: comparison with trialkylphosphine-alkylisocyanide complexes of cobalt(III)”, Transition Metal Chemistry, 2007, 32, 799-802.
- C.A.L. Becker, O. Ramotadima , V.B. Makono , K.C. Baipoledi and J. Ahmad , “Synthesis and Selected Reactions of Pentakis(t-ctylisocyanide)cobalt(II) Complexes”, Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 2008, 61, 3375-3389
- J. Ahmad, G. Kumar, I.P. Meulenberg, G.S. Singh (2012) General Chemistry Textbook for Year 1 Courses; Published by Chemistry Department, University of Botswana.
- Siji Sudheesh, J. Ahmad and G.S. Singh. "Hysteresis of Isotherms of Mixed Monolayers of N-Octadecyl-N-phenylthiourea and Stearic Acid at Air/Water Interface," ISRN Physical Chemistry, vol. 2012, ID 835397.
- J. Ahmad. Reversibility and Definition of Work. Chemistry, 2013, 22, 203-208.
Investigation of interaction, hysteresis and reactions of mixed Langmuir monolayers over air/aqueous interface