1993, Post-Doctoral M.Ed. (Special / Adapted Physical Education), University of Birmingham, U.K.
1988, Doctor of Philosophy (Physiology of Exercise), University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
1984, Master of Education (Physiology of Exercise), University of Ibadan, Nig
Prof. Ignatius Ugo Onyewadume, is an Applied Exercise Physiologist at the University of Botswana. He has over 55 published research articles, books and book chapters in areas of fitness for health, productivity & injury prevention. Obtained his B.Sc. degree in Physical & Health Educ., Univ. of Nigeria; Master’s & Doctoral degrees in Exercise Physiology, Univ. of Ibadan. Obtained Post-Doctoral Master’s degree in Special Phy Edu for People with Disabilities, Univ. of Birmingham, U.K. Head of Dept, 2014-2017. Founding member Board of Directors, Botswana Special Olympics, Africa Rep on IFAPA, Assoc Editor, Reviewer, Referee & Editor of AJPHERD, Mosenodi J., & Boleswa Educnal Research J. External Examiner (MED & PhD).Senator, Univ of Botswana; National Chairman Botswana Handball Assoc., 2011-2020; Chairman, Curr. Rev & Quality Assurance Comm, Depart. of Sport Science. Represented Fac. of Educ. on various Boards: Science, College of Agric etc. Member Fac of Edu Appoints., Promo & Revs Comm; Sch of Grad Studies Exec Comm; Fac of Edu Pub & Research Comm; Ministerial Task Force on “Constituency Sports Tournament Impact”, Professional Sports Promo in Botswana. Founding Comm establishing Sports Med Assoc Botswana, & Botswana Council for PLWD. Head Coach, Township Rollers F. C’, Botswana - moved team from 8th to 1st position on Super League table. Helped win 3 league titles. As Physical Trainer, helped Zebras to its 1st ever African Cup of Nations.
- Exercise Physiology
- Biochemistry of Sports
- Applied Biomechanics
- Tests, Measurements & Evaluation
- Adapted Physical Activity
- Training and Physical, Physiological and Motor Performance Adaptations of National athletes.
- Nutrition and Anaerobic activities
- Cardio-pulmonary Physiology and Aerobic activities.
- Physical Fitness Profiles of Elite with & without Disabilities
- Somato-typing of Elite athletes
- Physical, Physiological and Motor Performance profiling of Special Olympic Athletes
- Nutrition and Performance
- Aerobic & Anaerobic Training Effects on Cardiopulmonary Physiology of Elite Athletes
- Comparative Effects of Endurance, Resistance and Combined Training on selected Health indicators
- Anaerobic Training Effects on Agility of Elite Athletes.
- Aerobic Exercise Effect on CD4 Count of Individuals Living with HIV/AIDS
Hubona, O., Onyewadume, I.U., & Tladi, D.M. (2019). Effects of a 12-week worksite aerobic dance programme on blood glucose and lipids in public service employees African Journal for Physical Activity and Health Sciences (AJPHES), 25(4), 533-546. (South Africa).
Kootshabe, K., & Onyewadume, I.U. (2018). Selected physical correlates of agility of agility in male A-division rugby league players. African Journal for Physical Activity and Health Sciences (AJPHES), 24(4), 537-548. (South Africa).
Khumalo, B., Onyewadume, I.U., Bae, J., & Dube, S. (2013). An investigation into participation trends by wheelchair sports players at the Zimbabwe Paralympics games. Sport and Art, 1(1), 1-12. DOI: 10.13189/saj.2013.010101 (USA).