Ph D. Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, India
M. Com Rani Durgavati University
I Dr. Baliyan, currently working as a Senior Lecturer at Department of Accounting & Finance, University of Botswana I have a Doctorate, Master and Bachelor’s degrees (Specialized in Accounting) (i.e. PhD, M.Com and B.Com). I have joined the university of Botswana in 2008. I have about fifteen (17) years’ experience in teaching in the fields of accounting, and business studies. So far I have published 16 papers in the international journals and presented 18 papers in different conferences/seminars. I have been served as Co –chair of 2017 Biennial International Conference of Business Innovation and Growth, at Kasane, Botswana. I am also member of editorial team of couple of International Journals.
Apart from serving at university level in Botswana and India, I have served as Part Time Tutor for DABS programme at UB and for Degree and MBA programme at BOU for several years. From 2006 to 2016 I have been tutored (Part-Time) a couple of Accounting courses like- Basic accounting, cost accounting, Auditing, Accounting theory and management, to the Bachelor of Business Administration Degree [Distance] at the Centre for Continuing Education, University of Botswana.
Current Issues in Accounting
Tax Compliance and undergraduate perceptions
Effects of Internal audit activities in Education sector
Effects of Interim Budget on performance
1. Capital Structure and its Effect on Firm Performance: An Empirical Study on the Listed Consumer Services Sector Organizations in Botswana”. European Journal of Economic and Financial Research 3 (5), 68-90
2. The determinants of Financial Development: the case of Botswana”. Asian-African Journal of Economics and Econometrics, Vol.18 (1),151-165
3. Socio-Economic Factors as Predictors of Undergraduate Students’ Attitude towards Entrepreneurship in Botswana”. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation, Vol. 5(1), 43-58
4. Assessment of Effectiveness of Government Accounting and Budgeting System (GABS) in Botswana". International Journal of Accounting and Financial Reporting. Vol. 7 (1), 102 -132,
5. Impact of Accounting Standards on Corporate Governance”. A Case Study of Few Selected Corporations in Botswana. Asian-African Journal of Economics and Econometrics, Vol. 12 (2), 421-433