1. PhD ( Doctor of Philosophy, Information Systems) University of Cape Town
2. MLIS (Masters in Library and Information Studies ) University of Botswana
3. PGDE ( Postgraduate Diploma in Education) University of Botswana
4. BSc. University of Botswana
Dr. Athulang Mutshewa is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Library and Information Studies, University of Botswana. He teaches and supervisors students at undergraduate, Masters and PhD levels in the areas of Information systems and Library and Information Science, and has graduated students at all these levels. Dr Mutshewa has been a resource person in a number of workshops in information management He researches in the areas of ICT4D, information systems, Information seeking and use behaviour, and information retrieval. His publications include articles in international journals, conference proceedings, book chapters, book review and technical reports,
Library and information studies
Information and Society
Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) ICT4D,
Information seeking and use Behaviors
Research Data Management
Information and Knowledge Management
Information Seeking and use behavior
1. Mooketsi, Bojelo Esther and Mutshewa, Athulang (2019). An Exploratory Investigation of Students’use of SocialNetworking Sites (SNS) and their Individual and Social Needs: A Case Study of the University of Botswana Undergraduates. African Journal of Library, Archives and Information Science. Vol 29 No. 2 (October 2019) 135 – 14 2.
2. Tiroyaone Wright Kophuting & Athulang Mutshewa (2017): Analyzing Critical Incidents Stories to Understand Change Management Process in the Adoption of e- Resources at the University of Botswana Library, International Information & Library Review, DOI: 10.1080/10572317.2017.1301236 3.
3. Mutshewa, A (2010) The use of information by environmental Planers: A qualitative study using Grounded Theory methodology. Information Processing and Management, 46, 212 – 232