The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Botswana (UB) offers both under-graduate (MBBS) and post-graduate (MMed) degrees. The Faculty prides itself with following the World Federation of Medical Education (WFME) standards and a problem-based learning approach, working with local health centres (clinics and hospitals) as well as health professional bodies.
Please note that the University of Botswana undergraduate study programmes are all registered with the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA).
This announcement invites applications for the undergraduate training programme, the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), in the Faculty, for the August 2023 enrollment. The MBBS programme is fully accredited with the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA). For more information about UB programmes please visit the following UB websites: (www.ub.bw) and (www.ubotho.net).
All who successfully complete this programme will be awarded an MBBS degree from the University of Botswana and will qualify for registration with the Botswana Health Professions Council as medical practitioners.
- Applicants may be admitted upon successful completion of Level 100 of Bachelor of Science (General) programme from University of Botswana or equivalent qualifications from other institutions with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5. Applicants should have passed Chemistry and two additional science subjects from Mathematics, Biology, Physics with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 for each course.
- Holders of A’ level qualifications with a minimum grade point of 3.0 in Chemistry and two additional science subjects from Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry Physics will be considered for direct entry into the MBBS programme.
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree qualification with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2(i)) and had at least two sciences in the first year of the qualification are also eligible to apply.
Please note that re-applications will also be considered, though their Level 100 grades in CHEMISTRY and TWO additional subjects (Biology, Mathematics & Physics) will be used. First applicants who are currently beyond level 100 will be considered as well, and their level 100 grades in CHEMISTRY and two additional subjects (Biology, Mathematics & Physics) will be considered.
Prospective applicants are expected to scan and save separately, preferably in pdf format, all the required documents in readiness for uploading during application:
- receipt for a fully paid Application Fee (for external applicants only)
- certified copy of the Omang for citizens or Passport for other nationalities
- certified copy of transcript(s)
- certified copy of post-school qualification (where applicable),
Applications will close on 23rd June 2023 for both local and international applicants.
Applicants who fulfil criteria for selection will be shortlisted and will undergo a further selection process. Those who are successful will be notified by mid-July 2023 and must be available to start training at the beginning of August 2023.
For enquiries on the application process contact:
- Mr. Solomon Mogapi at email@example.com , +267 355 4763,
- Mr. Moagisi Mogalakwe at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +267 355-2784 or
- Faculty of Medicine at email@example.com or +267 355 4189.