Programmes - Combined Major
Bachelor of Social Sciences with Psychology as Combined Major
Aims of the Programme
The main aim of a Bachelor's programme with Psychology as a Combined Major is to introduce students to the discipline of psychology and provide them with basic knowledge about major substantive areas of research in psychology.
- At least six subjects not below grade D in the BGCSE or its equivalent.
- The grade obtained in five of the subjects shall be grade C or better.
- English language must be grade C or better.
- A credit in Mathematics is required.
In order to graduate with a Degree of Bachelor of Social Sciences with Psychology as Combined Major a student requires:
- STA101 and STA116
- The 5 core courses: PSY101, PSY102, PSY201, PSY208, PSY209
- A total of at least 15 Psychology courses (including the 5 core courses)
- From level 200 to level 400 - at least 2 courses PER SEMESTER
- The University requirement of elective credits