The vision of ORI is to be a leading wetlands research institute in Africa and the world by 2016.
To undertake engaged research and training on wetland eco-systems
As a research institute, we embrace the following core values and skills, which we seek to make standard behaviour in all our operations:
- Social responsibility and public accountability - provide leadership in responding to issues andproblems facing society while ensuring full stakeholder participation in the development and work of the Institute.
- Staff motivation - promoting teamwork by encouraging, supporting, developing, and empowering all individuals and groups to achieve the Institute vision (trust, mutual respect).
- Professional and ethical standards - by upholding the highest professional and ethical behavior through openness, honesty, tolerance and respect for the individual.
- Environmental sustainability – by deepening awareness and ensuring that environmental issues are infused into the development agenda of Botswana and beyond.
- Academic integrity and high quality research - creativity, objective analysis, experimentation,critical appraisal, independent thought, informed debate and intellectual honesty.
- Student service - create a holistic learning environment by developing a range of learning, social, cultural and recreational opportunities that will facilitate the full realisation of their potential for academic and personal growth