University of Botswana Library provides a conducive integrated learning environment where print and electronic information resources are readily accessible. The Main library and Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) libraries located in Gaborone; The Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) and Okavango Research Institute (ORI) libraries located in Francistown and Maun respectively. The Library has a wide range of services and resources for academics, researchers, and students.
facilities, services and resources at the main Library:
- Lower ground Floor, Ground floor, Upper ground floor, Mezzanine floor, First floor, Second floor, Third floor)
- Quiet study areas; PhD study carrels, open study carrels, and seminar rooms for group discussion through booking.
- Learning Commons collaborative & flexible learning space for information literacy tutorials, discussion, computer workstations & IT support, self service printing,
- Motswedi Wa Thuto ( Fountain of Knowledge)
- IT enabled Auditorium that accommodates 150 people, it is available strictly on a booking system at a cost. It may be used for workshops or public lectures,
- Information resources which include: books, periodicals, microforms (microfiche and microfilm), e-books, e-journals, online databases.
- Integrated workstations and online catalogue on dedicated computers
- Newspaper and leisure reading materials
- Subject Librarians provide specialized research support for learning, teaching and research. Each faculty has a team responsible for a cluster of subjects
- Reprographics, ILL, drop in sessions, IL instructions etc..., should be listed here and clickable to jump to where details for each are provided.