Physical Education, Health and Recreation aims at total education through the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of the person. The tools of Physical Education are specially selected and conducted physical activities. The Department of Physical Education thus aims to produce and develop human resources that will produce physically educated and functional Botswana citizens.
- A physically educated citizen
- Is aware of and knows how to use exercises and sports to improve human performance and productivity,
- Is active, healthy and productive
- Is sports literate,
- Is responsible, disciplined and civic,
- Possesses and displays enhanced physical, mental, emotional and interpersonal fitness and health.