Home » Faculties and Schools » Faculty of Engineering & Technology » Industrial Design & Technology » Community Outreach
The Department interacts with most industries in Botswana in a bid to
- motivate them to design indigenously
- collaborate with small, medium and micro enterprises in improving their products, packaging, branding, marketing and outreach.
- create more employment opportunities
- engage our students in industrial training
- involve the departmental staff in design and development activities
- take benefit of our expertise in offering workshops and consultancy and
- recruit our graduating students in jobs.
The Department also interacts with the junior and senior secondary schools in Botswana in an effort to upgrade our B Des (D&T Education) programme and to offer assistance to improve the teaching of Design and Technology at schools.
We also visit industries and secondary schools to supervise our students placed for training and strive to improve the training effectiveness.