Home » Faculties and Schools » Research and Development » Centre for Scientific Reseach, Indigenous Knowledge & Innovation (CESRIKI) » Strategic Elements
- To contribute to national economic development and poverty alleviation by exploring Botswana’s comparative advantage in natural resources and indigenous knowledge systems through interdisciplinary research
- To engage in training (masters, doctoral and post-doctoral) research, technology and business innovation programs that will help generate the critical mass and cross-disciplinary synergies taking advantage of the opportunities that are now available in the post-genomic era
- To translate IKS into innovative processes for the benefit of communities
- To develop IKS conscious scientists who will have reciprocal relationships with both rural communities and the formal sector.
- To support a paradigm shift in pedagogical approaches to ensure that the local communities endowed with natural resources will actively participate in applied and basic research initiatives for the present and future generations of scientists who will promote people-to people learning.
- To provide support on advocacy and policy development in relation to IKS
- To be an intellectual and cultural centre that generally draws upon the indigenous knowledge base and promotes Botswana’s social and cultural heritage.