The University of Botswana will be a leading academic centre of excellence in Africa and the world.
To advance the intellectual and human resource capacity of the nation and the international community.
- Increasing access, equity and participation in higher education;
- Exploring the potential of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to deliver teaching and learning in new and effective ways;
- Providing quality, relevant academic and professional programmes that are responsive to national needs;
- Engaging the wider community in Botswana to enable individuals and groups to realise their full potential through dialogue, activity and cooperation;
- Increasing research and scholarship at the University that underpins the realisation of Vision 2016 and realise the mission of advancing knowledge;
- Broadening the academic and cultural diversity of the University.