The Department has a very well qualified and dedicated team of academic and technical staff with expertise in the diverse areas of specialization in the Structural Geology, Geophysics, Hydrogeology, Hydrology and Water Resources, and Hydro-geochemistry and core and support staff in Cartography, Remote Sensing and GIS areas. Other department staff are also available with different areas of specialization including Petrology, mineralogy, sedimentology, environmental geology, engineering geology and economic geology.
The detailed list of staff members along with their areas of specialization can be found in the Departmental Handbook for Post-graduates (available in the Departmental office, Room 236/222).
The Department of Geology offers the following Programmes leading to the award of the following Degrees:
- Single Major Programme, leading to the award of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology
- Combined Major/Minor with a Geology major leading to the award a Bachelor of Science degree
- Combined Major/Major Degree Programme with Geology and one of Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Physics leading to the award of a Bachelor of Science Degree
- Combined Major/Minor with Geology as a Minor leading to the award of the degree in which the student is enrolled. as per Departmental Regulation 2.2
· Master of Science Degree in Hydrogeology
· Mphi/PhD (New Graduate Programmes pending approval) in areas of:
- Economic Geology/Mineral Exploration
- Hydrogeology / Integrated Water Resources Management
- Structural Geology