The Faculty of Science is dedicated to the following:
- To promote excellence in teaching, research and service in Science and Mathematics.
- To develop the critical abilities of students through the study of Science.
- To help students become responsible members of society through their education and proficiency in the various branches of Science.
- To cooperate with other Faculties in the training of various professionals, e.g. Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), Science and B.Ed, Secondary.
- To provide a firm Year 1 (level 100 courses) foundation in the Basic Sciences for those students who transfer to other faculties.
- To provide a firm intellectual base for those students who are designated for transfer to other institutions to take program which are not offered in this university e.g. Veterinary Science, Pharmacy etc.
- To prepare its graduates for further study and post-graduate work in various fields of Science, especially as they relate to Botswana.
- To conduct research in various fields of Science, especially as they relate to Botswana.